Monday, January 30, 2012

A Slap of Perspective

Yesterday I jumped on a "Mommy Blog" I follow and one of the mom's who commented frequently had a post up that said "farewell". Out of curiosity I opened it up to see what was going on. Her daughter Kacian, who is 6 days older than Journey, had passed away from SIDS January 20th.

I spent the better part of yesterday in shock and have been teary eyed all day today. I have no words for this wonderful woman. The loss of a child cannot be easy to handle and I hope and pray I never have to suffer through that. And for any parent who has gone through that, I'm sorry. I don't understand your pain but I think I can understand a small portion.

Before yesterday I was feeling a little down. Parenthood is hard!! The hardest part for me has been the lack of sleep. Feeling run down all the time from countless sleepless nights and long days at the motel had me down a bit. But yesterday I definitely got a slap of perspective.

When I look at Journey resting so peacefully in her swing or playing happily with her toys, I have a new perspective. I don't care how many times I have to get up tonight, how many hours of sleep I don't get, how many hairs she pulls from my head, the spit-up on my shirt, the poop all over her clothes, the laundry & chores that don't get done because my 6 month old is demanding attention.... It doesn't matter. I'm GRATEFUL that she is with us and I will take every opportunity to love every moment, easy or rough, that I have with her.

I hope and pray that all my kids out live me. Because when I look at Journey, I can't imagine life without her. I'm not sure I'd survive what Kacian's mom is going through. Please pray for Kacian & her family. And please, please... take the time to let your family & kids know how much you love them.

Rest In Peace Kacian.

No comments:

Post a Comment