Saturday, August 24, 2013

School Starting & Potty Training... OH MY!!!

Welp, the title says it all!!! 

Derek went to orientation on Thursday and got set up for his classes. It is so crazy to me that he starts school on Monday!!! He's excited and I'm excited for him. He's really excited because of this new 3D Laser Mold thing they're getting. I guess it's pretty fancy ;) 

Journey loves the rain. Every time it thunders she goes "Mamma Rain!!!" and then she runs to the glass doors to watch it. The day of Derek's orientation it rained like cats and dogs... ALL DAY LONG. In Utah we would have been getting flash flood warnings every 20 minutes. Not here!! Thankfully there is a barrier that sends the water rolling down the hill away from our patio because it definitely had enough water there without the extra from the lawn!! I was actually worried that it'd reach our back door but it never did. It'll be interesting to see what happens when an actual Hurricane comes through!! Derek said all the side walks at the school resembled small rivers, not walk ways. He was drenched and his shoes we're completely soaked by the time he got home!!

We started potty training Journey on the 16th. Holy smokes it's not going like I thought it would!!! Kids need to come with their own personal training "HOW TO & WHEN TO" DVD. I swear... We did really good for 3 or 4 days and then Journey QUIT. I couldn't even ask about it without her flipping out. Then the next day she did good again... and then she had 2 really bad days... I just don't get it. We're going to keep trying but boy... any advice from you "been there, done that" mom's would be appreciated!!! We do stories, treats for success and we've been using "Pretty Pull-Ups" but I'm moving on to actual training panties Monday in hopes that will help... Wish us luck?? Any advice?? Email me... I'm desperate!!

Today we spent the day exploring a little more. We found out the local mall here has an indoor playground. It's AWESOME!!!! Journey spent close to an hour or so playing with 20 different kids. At one point, Journey was crawling around on the ground and a little 1 yr old boy came over and sat on her (like horsey back ride). Journey's face was priceless!!! She could NOT figure out why that little boy was on her and just laid on the floor and looked at me with these big heart broke eyes that said "Mommy!! Why is he on me?? GET HIM OFF!!". She never said a peep, didn't really move... just watched me. I told her "it's okay, he's just playing" and finally had to get him off her because she didn't get it. Poor kid... I'm so glad Acelynn is due soon. Journey really needs a sibling!!!

While out we had to grab Derek some binders for school and Target happened to be the closest store to where we were at. As we were walking up to the store Journey says, "I need! I needs!! I needs ball!!!" Haha... Oh boy.. She got to sit on the big concrete target ball and it made her the happiest kid on the block!! She's being really funny about camera's lately and getting a good face shot in nearly impossible!!! So these will have to do for now.

Anyway, we've been here 27 days and I still get turned around backwards trying to get places. I miss the grid system!!! These roads are so confusing and some of the switch names 1/2 way down the road!! It's weird. I like it here but really wish the road ways were simpler. Or at least some decent land marks!! Everything being so flat and dense with tree's has me pretty confused when trying to find anything but Costco & Walmart. I can't believe how fast time has flown though. Almost an entire month here and it barely feels like it!

Welp, we've been pretty boring the last week so there isn't much more to say!! Hope everyone else is doing well. Miss you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment