Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Eventful yet... not

The last week has been really busy for us but not in the "I'm going to blog about this" kind of busy but after 10 days I think I have enough to write about.

Derek is staying insanely busy with classes, projects and work. He's making this cool cube thing out of metal. I'll have to post pictures when he's done!! He loves learning to weld and use tools he's never used before. Haha... sometimes he acts a lot like a kid at Christmas :D I'm so glad he's enjoying his education!!!

Journey loves "daddy time" when he comes home from his classes. It's so fun to watch them build block towers, color and rough house. Watching them play together is just as fun as getting in there and playing with them.

On Sunday's we often try to play Farkle with Journey (dice game... roll 6 dice, hope for a 1, 5 or triples. Stop before you Farkle and lose points from that round. Add up points. First to 10,000 wins) Anyway... Journey likes Farkle because she gets to roll the dice, we like it because we can do it as a family and it's a great way to teach her how to take turns. I have no idea why we've kept track but every time she plays we count her hand and "help" her keep the ones she should. She has won EVERY TIME she's played with us!!! Kid you not... The last game (this last Sunday) she beat us by about 2000 points! Haha... we'll have to take this kid to Vegas... she's just that lucky!!!

Over the last week, we've been working on teaching Journey her shapes. She can now point out and identify Squares, Triangles, Rectangles, Hearts, Circles, Ovals (so cute how she says it), Clouds, Suns, Stars & Diamonds. It's CRAZY how well she's done with shapes. Now... If only colors and potty training could be so easy!!!!

ACK!!! The joys of living in an older apartment.... Our AC started leaking last night. We called maintenance and he said let it keep running and just put a bucket under it. Ok. Can do. Well, sometime in the night it stopped leaking (weird). He came to fix it this morning and found no evidence (other than the buckets underneath) that it had leaked recently. So, he fidgeted around with it and finally said that if it leaked again to call him and he'd come look at it while it was wet. Well... about 3 hours later it started leaking again. I heard the distinct "drip drip drip" on wet carpet sound and hurried to put a bucket back under it and call maintenance. He was here within 7 minutes of my call and it had leaked 2 inches into one bucket and 1 inch in another!!! Turns out we had a clogged line and it needed to blown out... or at least that's what he thinks it was!!! ACK!!! So far it hasn't leaked again but we're supposed to "watch it close" and let him know if it happens again.  I sure hope that fixed the problem. It's not fun to have soggy carpet and buckets in the main hallway!

I'm counting down the weeks until we meet Acelynn (5 wks 5 days until her due date in case you were wondering). While I love feeling her kick, squirm and hiccup... I'm ready to hold her and be able to reach my toes again. Not to mention eat whatever I want to without heart burn and walk without having Braxton Hicks Contractions. Haha... something I learned the hard way... don't try to beat a contraction. I tried to step over a baby gate right as I felt a contraction coming on and it won... I stood, one foot on either side of the gate, while the contraction finished up (60 seconds later)!!! Definitely not doing that again. Yes, I'm having contractions (and they last forever) BUT they aren't close enough together to even worry about. At this point... My doctor wouldn't stop labor anyway but doesn't think she'll come for several more weeks. I'm hoping she comes early. Anytime after the 38th week mark would be great!

Anyway, that's us in a nutshell. Hope everyone is doing well. Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment