Sunday, September 22, 2013

Derek's "Solitude" Box
 Ok.. so here we go :)

Derek finished his "Solitude" project and I finally got a picture of the box he made!!! He welded that!!! Anyway, he got great reviews from the professor.

Journey and I made egg-less cookie dough. Haha... She loved helping me measure and dump things into the bowl but I think her favorite part was licking the beater!!! Funny girl.. she was pretty messy by the time she was "done" with it.

We went exploring and found a park near by. This park is HUGE!!! It has a lake, tennis courts, frisbee golf course, racquetball courts, basketball, baseball, soccer, 2 playgrounds, sand volleyball and TONS of other things!!! I mean.. it was HUGE. 

Journey was completely enthralled with pine cones and pine needles at the park. She made cute little stacks of both instead of playing on the playground equipment. Kinda made me laugh. She did make a new friend named Evan. Cute little girl about 7 months younger than Journey. They had a great time together!! Journey also loved swinging. She hasn't loved it quite as much in the past but she seems to like it now!

 We played with play-dough for the first time ever. What a MESS!!! Journey loved picking it apart but we worked on her shapes and colors while playing with it. Totally worth the mess.... I just don't remember it being that messy as a kid. She liked the squishyness but I'm looking forward to getting some of the play-dough toys. We weren't quite sure what to do with it.

On Saturday we went to Tom Brown Park and fed the turtles!!! I honestly thought we wouldn't see any. Evan's grandma (the girl Journey met at the park) told me would could feed them but I wasn't sure if she was kidding with me or not. She also said we could see a small alligator there every once in a while but we didn't see it... this trip anyway :D

Anyway... It was neat to feed the turtles. At one point we could see 8 or 9 at once!! Journey loved throwing them bread and popcorn. Hopefully our video loads and everyone can see. I hope we can take our families when they come to visit. It was pretty neat.

After we got done feeding the turtles we went to the storage unit and dragged out all the infant/baby stuff. Holy smokies Journey had a lot of stuff!!!! It's nice to get everything washed and set up. Acelynn's crib BARELY fit in our room!!! Seriously... we don't even have a 1/2 inch to spare the way we wanted it. I'm glad it fit though. We both prefer to use the crib over the pack n play (even though the pack n play would have been much smaller).

I'm 35 weeks pregnant today!!! I'm still having contractions but I have a doctors appointment in the morning. Hopefully he tells me that they aren't causing problems and that she'll stay put for at least another 2-3 weeks. I would much rather have her after 37 weeks... 38 weeks or later would be fantastic!!!



 Again and again I'm surprised by our new ward. What a fantastic support system they are!!! I have had many women offer to take Journey if I go into early labor. I'm so grateful for such an awesome ward!!! They really make an effort to make sure everyone is included and feels invited. It's great.
Can you see the frog??

Well, all is well here. We're having fun and getting excited for everything that will happen over the next few months. We're still liking Florida and enjoy the opportunity we've been given to live and experience somewhere new. Hope you all are doing well!! Love you all!!!

More bread?!

























No comments:

Post a Comment