| Just hanging out! |
After many tears, frustration and talks, Derek & I decided it's time to move. This apartment we've been in has... problems. And we're not talking problems that could simply be fixed by maintenance. These are problems that we would have to suck it up and live with and we don't feel it's a good or safe environment for our children. Management was wonderful and understanding. They let us out of our lease without having to pay the almost $1000 that was built into our contract (if we were to break the lease early clause). Definitely the answer to our prayers!!!We looked for 2 days before finding our new place!!! It's a cute little triplex and our place will be the end unit. No one above us & none of the bedrooms will share the middle units wall!!! It'll be a much, much better situation once we're there. We get keys on the 15th and we'll move all the big stuff on the 19th. We are so excited to be in a place we could see ourselves in for the remainder of Derek's schooling. Hopefully this place is as good as it seems because it's really cute and we like it already.
We are counting down the days until Acelynn gets here!!! I can't believe we'll be at the 37 week mark tomorrow!!! Crazy how fast time flies. If she follows after Journey we only have 15 days until she gets here, 21 if she comes on her actual due date. Crazy talk! I hope she doesn't come any earlier than the 20th but... if she comes earlier it'll be okay. However... I'd definitely like to be moved before she gets here!!
Journey is expanding her vocabulary daily. It is the craziest thing. I love that she can now converse without much trouble!! She grabbed my phone the other day and this is the conversation that followed:
"Journey, that is mamma's phone. Give it back please."
"No! I needs the mamma's phone!"
"Why do you need my phone?"
"I needs to call dadda!!"
I couldn't help but laugh!!! She is so darn cute. Derek should definitely feel loved. I would have let her call him but he was at school and his phone was dead. Journey has definitely got a stubborn streak in her though... Oh boy.. Getting her to nap has been a nightmare lately. I lay her down, she gets up. I lay her down again, she screams, I cringe outside her door, she goes quiet, I listen, I peak in and she's playing with toys!!! Some days it takes getting after her once.. others it takes 6-7 times before she FINALLY goes to sleep. I'll tell you what... motherhood is making me a MUCH more patient person!!!
Derek is doing great and still liking school. They've been playing with the laser cutter and he's really enjoying that. It's neat to see and hear about what they are learning about. I can't believe he only has 9 weeks left in this semester. Crazy how fast time is flying!!!
I'm doing good. Life is definitely crazy and moving is the last thing I wanted to be doing at this point but it's for the best and I'm extremely excited. Hopefully everything pans out and it goes as smoothly as possible over the next 3 weeks. I'm so grateful to know that we have an awesome support team behind us. Between our ward, our parents and our new found friends... we will be okay no matter how these big events fall. I'm thankful that my parents will be here when we move. I know helping us move again is probably the last thing they wanted to do on their vacation but I'm grateful that they are willing to and already had flights that happened to put them here the day before we move the big stuff. I'm also grateful that Derek's parents will be coming out shortly after they leave. It'll be nice to have their help with Journey as we adjust to having Acelynn. Not to mention it'll be good to see family!! It's really weird living this far from them!!
Anyway, life is good. Chaotic, but good. Hope everyone else is doing well!!! Love and miss you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment